Every student of the school shall comply with the rules of conduct to the satisfaction of the Principal.
Disobedience, misconduct, misbehavior or failure to comply with any of the rules shall be severely dealt with. Parents/guardians are presumed to have agreed upon to the rules when their wards are admitted to the school. They thereby undertake to submit to the normal enforcement of the same to the satisfaction of the Principal whose decision shall be final and binding.
In order that each student may enjoy the full benefit of the facilities placed at his disposal, he has to abide by the rules of conduct of the Higher Secondary School. They are designed solely to safeguard the student’s welfare and privileges and those of her / his fellow students and are framed for the safety and well-being of the students.
Every student shall comply with the rules and regulations of the school in order that (s) he may benefit fully from the educational programme, activities and facilities at her / his disposal.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS
- All students on the school campus are responsible and answerable to the staff and Principal for their conduct and academic progress on campus.
- Students should not bring to the school cell phones and other electronic gadgets or toys, magazine, periodicals, pen drives. The same will be confiscated if found.
- All students are required to carry in person, the identity card which they are bound to produce on demand by the :
a. Watchman at the main gate,
b. Librarian at the time of issuing books.
c. Clerks at the time of payments, issuing of forms or any other enquiry regarding identification of the students.
d. Teachers of the School in or outside the class.
e. All staff – Teaching and Non-Teaching – is authorized to check Identity Cards.
- Students must not attend classes other than their own without the permission of the teachers concerned.
- Students are required to conform to the grooming standards of the institute such as correct uniforms, shoes, hairstyles, etc. They are expected to behave with decorum to follow the regulations of the Higher Secondary School and pay due respect to the faculty and other officials. Conduct, inconsistent with general good order or persistent neglect of work or failure to respond promptly to official notice, may be punished with dismissal.
- Loud talking, loitering or congregation in the corridors is a source of distraction and annoyance to others and is strictly prohibited.
- Students shall not do anything either inside or outside the premises of the school that will anyway interfere with its orderly administration and discipline.
- No student should communicate any information to or write about any matter dealing with the school administration to the press.
- Any damage to school property by writing of graffiti on the school walls, doors, furniture, etc is strictly prohibited and will be considered as breach of discipline. Any acts of such vandalism will be strictly dealt with and the person involved will have to pay for the cost of repairs / replacement, as the case may be. Students involved in such acts will be immediately fined and / or asked to do community service.
- Students should take particular care to be punctual at all lectures. Absence from lectures must be justified in writing and if prolonged illness is the cause, a medical certificate must be submitted. Absence from any one lecture will be considered as absence for the full day. Students falling short of 75% attendance, both before and after submitting the application for examination will not be allowed to appear for the final examination conducted by the School or by the Board.
- Students should be regular for all lectures /practicals.
- No student must remain absent from a term examination. In case of illness a medical certificate must be submitted not later than four days from the first day of absence of the student.
- No student should be in the Canteen or in the Corridors during lecture hours. Loitering on the campus is strictly disallowed.
- It is obligatory on the part of students to read the School Notice Boards every day. Failure will not be a valid excuse for non-compliance thereof.
- No student should invite any outsider to attend Higher Secondary classes or functions without the previous permission of the Principal.
- No person shall be invited to address a meeting at the premises without prior permission of the Principal. At any meeting, it is binding on all students to get the subjects proposed for discussion approved previously and such a meeting shall be held under the supervision of a person authorized by the Principal.
- Students will not be allowed to meet visitors during class hours. In urgent cases, the prior permission of the Principal should be obtained.
- Letters received by the students at Higher Secondary School address will not be delivered to them. Students are expected to give their residential address to their relatives and friends.
- Students applying for certificates, testimonials etc. and those requiring the Principal’s signature on any kind of document or application should contact the Head Clerk. No document must be brought directly to the Principal for signature without it being checked in the office.
- Smoking / Consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited in the school premises.
- Students are expected to actively participate in all co-curricular activities such as seminars, drama, debates, excursions, sports, etc. They are also to attend major annual functions.
- Students are not authorized to make any monetary collection for whatever purpose, in Higher Secondary School without permission of the Principal.
- All important announcements will be exhibited on the school notice board, from time to time, and it is the duty of every student to see the notice boards every day. Failure to take not of such announcements shall not be valid excuse for non compliance thereof.
- The school staff room is exclusively meant for the use of the staff wherein the staff is able to fulfill their duties and obligations without any distractions or obstruction. Students should not unnecessarily enter the staff or indulge in conversations in the staff room.
- Any rules and regulations, in addition to the above, notified separately from time to time by way of circulars and/or notices will be binding on the students.
- BAN ON PRIVATE TUITION
No students or teachers shall participate in any coaching class or tuitions with respect to the syllabus prescribed here in. A teacher who conducts directly or indirectly any such coaching class or tuition classes and any such person noted or observed to be a participant for canvassing or propagating or coaching or tuition classes shall be subject to disciplinary action as per the rules of the Directorate of Education, Govt. of Goa, Porvorim.
- BAN ON SMOKING AND CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC DRINKS
Smoking and consumption of alcoholic drinks within the school premises and 100 meters radius beyond the school premises is strictly prohibited. Any student indulging in such activity is subject to disciplinary action as per the existing rules.
- ANTI RAGGING ACTION IN SCHOOLS: Any act of violence of ragging will be severely viewed. As per the Supreme Court guidelines issued by the Directorate of Education, Panaji Circular no. 49 dated 29.10.2009. Any punishment imposed on a student for committing any Act of Ragging will go his / her certificate.
THE DECISION OF THE PRINCIPAL IN ALL MATTERS SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL STUDENTS.
RAGGING IS STRICTLY BANNED
ANY STUDENT FOUND INDULGING IN RAGGING WILL BE SUSPENDED IMMEDIATELY.
THE STUDENT MAY EVEN BE EXPELLED FROM THE SCHOOL.